Saturday, February 27, 2010

Brave Girls The LOCATION


Hi Everyone,

I am still missing being with my friends in Idaho. I didn't quite go through the "funk" because I was so busy at work trying to catch up, however there was a strong longing to hang out and create some art with my girls.

I decided that I will post a few entries on this amazing event. I think there were a number of factors that made this such a fun week. #1 - the people!!! The woman, and the few men/boys that were there with us too. #2 - the location and #3 - the stories which we put into our collages....oh and I'd be remiss if I didn't say #4 - THE FOOD!!!

Let's start with the Location.

I had never been to Idaho before. I imagined it was beautiful country with friendly people. I was completely right.

I landed in Boise and Melody and Kathy's sweet niece Stephanie (who I'll share with you later has AMAZING talent). Stephanie gave me a nice tour of the cute historic area in Boise. I bet it is a nice place to live and have a family.

I was dropped off at the hotel where we were all meeting, and had a great lunch next door while I waited for someone else to get there. The first person to come over was Jeanne. I was so excited when she asked if I wanted to go get a manicure while we waited, YES! I also said maybe we could get a cupcake too, and she was all for it!! I knew right then we'd get a long JUST FINE! I let Lisa know that we'd be getting manicure, and she met us as soon as she got there. The cupcakes were AMAZING too. Man I love a good cupcake!!


Once everyone got to the hotel Marq, Melody's husband, came down to help us all get loaded onto the shuttle, and hand out our first goody bag!


Who doesn't love a goody bag with some snacks, and a lovely note from our hostesses??
Lisa and I are all ready to get to the lodge!! Let's go!


The ride was about an hour and we were greeted along the road to the lodge by Melody and a couple of the other girls. Melody had us get off the bus and gave us a little envelope of bird seeds. It was labeled "Worries are for the birds". She asked that we think for that moment about all the worries and things back home that would still be there when we got back. She told us to let the seed fly and with it let go of the worries..... to leave the worries right there, off the side of the road, and not to bring them with us. This time was just for us, not for anyone or anything else.....

We all let those worries fly away.....

Here is the home we were able to stay in!! I don't say "home" lightly. Melody, Kathy and all the girls that helped, really made this a wonderful, safe home for us.

We had sent along photos of ourselves, friends, families, and pets. All of the photos were printed out and hung all over the house. We were surrounded by everyone that was most important to us. It was "All Good".


Downstairs we had an oasis for crafting. I loved the color scheme - the lanterns hanging with white lights was so much fun!

Our sleeping rooms were on either side of this large crafting area, which made it easy for us to stay up...WAY TOO LATE!!
But I wouldn't have done it any other way. SLEEP WHEN YOU DIE!!

Upstairs we had a wonderful porch to keep all our dirty hiking boots/shoes.

The huge dining table held us all to share our WONDERFUL meals.

And awesome SNACKS too!!

There were also FIVE huge leather coaches that made a comfy spot for us all to share our stories, and listen to some great music!


What a wonderful place to hang out with great new friends, eat wonderful - lovingly made food, get back in touch with ourselves and create some very special journals to take home with us.

More to follow...

Be Brave,
Rach

2 comments: