Thursday, December 10, 2015

The 12 Days of Christmas.....

If you're like me, you are having a hard time believing Christmas is just 15 days away!!  15?!   With the weather in Nebraska unseasonably warm (65+ today), it is even tougher to grasp that the year is nearing its end.  We still need to decorate the house and find a few more gifts in the next week or so!  YIKES.

Jim and I celebrate the holiday with the 12 Days of Christmas.   Each day leading up to Christmas we exchange little gifts and a card.  It is a treat to have a little surprise every morning and nice to share a card with a sweet message or funny memory.  The gifts might be a special Christmas Tea, or chocolates, maybe a DMB CD...anything that we think the other would enjoy (and maybe even share ;)

This season I have decided to add one more tradition along with our 12 Days of Christmas.  In the same vein I am going to celebrate the 12 Days of Christmas by sending out 12 handmade gifts to 12 Ladies that have inspired me in some way.  Each Day I'll share with you who these women are and what they have done to be surprised with a little something heading their way.

I am sure I could come up with 100 women to send something to, however, I do need to be a little realistic on how much I can get done in the next 2 weeks!  

Would you like to join me??  I have way too much to do, but after participating in the Secret Sister gift giving and getting a handful of sweet surprises I thought why not pay that forward and send a few more gifts out??  If you don't find the time to send 12 gifts, why not just send a few?  It could be a handmade card, or gift tags, anything that your recipient would enjoy!

If you do join me why don't you tag photos of your handmade goodies with #12DaysHandmadeGiftGiving  

I would love to hear about who inspires you!  

Happy Handmade Holidays!

Stay tuned, it all begins Sunday!

Cheers!

-Rach

2 comments: