Sunday, December 13, 2015

1st Day of Christmas - inspired by Michelle Geller

Merry 1st Day of Christmas!

If you read my last post you'll know that for the 12 days leading up to Christmas I'll be sharing someone that has inspired me.  I'll be sending a fun gift to each!

My first inspiring lady is the one and only Michelle Geller or @holddear on Instagram.  Many are inspired by her collections she shares frequently on Instagram.  Many too, I would guess, are a bit green with envy of her crazy talent/luck of stumbling upon wonderful stashes of ephemera, specifically Dennison labels.

Not only her ability to be drawn to the best finds at an antique shop, or goodwill is inspiring, what is more is her journaling skills.  From start to finish, the creating of a journal, ( her travel journals are divine) , to collaging, color choices, and her handwriting for the actual journaling, all the best of the best.

Michelle's book making swap at one of the Silver Bella art retreats inspired me to create my own art retreat, since I just wanted to be taught how to do what she did.  From that inspiration Michelle went on inspiring 3 semesters of students at Handmade U and many more being a student at 4 other semesters.

This pic is of Michelle and I nearly 5 years ago when we finalized the plan to have her teach at Handmade U!

Love you Michelle!  Thanks for being an inspiration of creativity!!


Merry Day 1!

-Rach

No comments:

Post a Comment