Thursday, March 15, 2012

Handmade U is just around the corner! PRIZE RIBBONS!

Hi Everyone,

I can't believe we are already in the middle of March. I am sitting here with the windows open, birds chirping, and having the urge for some major spring cleaning!

It also means that Handmade U - Second Semester is just around the corner. We have an amazing group of women ready to descend upon Omaha to spend the weekend, stitching a hand bound journal, doodling in a mini book, and creating prize ribbons for whomever or whatever they'd like!

I have a few sample ribbons to share. We'll learn a number of fun techniques to use fun papers, fabrics, ribbons, etc.

BEST HUBBY AWARD GOES TO...... Jim McGough

I created this fun award for my husband Jim! I used 6 different scraps of fabrics, a custom made button that says "Best Husband LOVE YOU" typed with my vintage typewriter. I also used the navy polka dot fabric we used for our wedding accessories, and the ribbons/yarns from the fun wands people waved at us as we left the Church after our wedding.


Fun Prize Ribbon - TBD

This award has yet to be named...who should win it?? I used a colorful cupcake liner, some vintage wallpaper scraps, a dennison gold foil sticker, and ledger paper for the award. I used tickets, vintage french ribbon, and a leather pink flowers to finish it off.



THE BEST CAT AWARD goes to.....


Well Bolt thinks he won, after he took this adorable photo, I had to take a picture with each of the guys and the ribbon so jealousy wouldn't prevail.


Noah looks thoughtfully down at the ribbon at his side too.... I think more than the award, the guys liked the jingle bell that was on one of the ribbons attached.

For this award ribbon I used a Sizzix die cut to punch the circles with the slits in the sides that you can move up and down. I used a wired ribbon at the bottom along with a blue playing card for the biggest circle, and other papers to finish it up.

More ribbons will be created for the event, a couple with fabrics and other vintage papers!

If you are considering joining us for Handmade U please send me an email, we do have 1 spot left in the lodge and a couple to attend the weekend without lodging.

Happy Almost Spring!!

-Rach

1 comment: