Monday, May 16, 2011

Denver Birthday Weekend


Hi -

I have a client meeting in Denver nearly every year on or around my birthday. I enjoy it because I love celebrating with my client who is a friend and her consultant who is also a good friend. This year was no different. We had a great meeting and fun dinner.

Then Jim came in Friday for the weekend to celebrate my birthday which was that Saturday. I picked him up early Friday and we went straight to Snooze for breakfast. It is really one of the best breakfast places I've ever been to. They have very imaginative dishes, made with the freshest of ingredients.

They also allow you to do half dishes. I never can decide between pancakes or an egg dish.....At Snooze I didn't have to choose! I had one piece of cinnamon roll french toast, and one eggs benedict! YUM! We actually went back Saturday morning too!

Friday night we had dinner with one of my best friends Megan, who I've known since 7th grade. She and her boyfriend Mark joined up at Cuba Cuba, one of my favorite Denver restaurants.


We decided to have our engagement pictures taken at Red Rocks in Morrison, CO. Red Rocks Amp. unfortunately had a concert being set up so they wouldn't let us inside for pictures, but we got some great shots around the park, and then in the small town of Morrison.

Kevin from This Modern Life Photographers was great. We are actually having Kevin and his wife come take our wedding photos as well.

The photo shoot was a lot of fun, though it was really windy, I guess it gave me that windblown "natural" look :)


We ended my birthday at a movie - Win Win, which was good, and then dinner at White Chocolate Grill.


It was a fun day, unfortunately ended with a little stomach virus that put me out early and most of Sunday. However it didn't damper the weekend fun overall, and I was glad Jim was there to take great care of me! Thanks Jim :)

Here's to another year of great birthdays for everyone,

Cheers,

Rach

2 comments:

  1. I will have to try Snooze...and I've never made it to White Chocolate Grill because I can't resist the Cheesecake Factory next to it! ;) Such cute photos! It looks like you had a lovely weekend -- virus and all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Rachel! I'm actually celebrating a big birthday this year by attending Chateau Dumas! I'd like to join the yahoo group, but somehow never got an invite. Can you help? Thanks!
    ~Marilee

    ReplyDelete