Friday, November 19, 2010

Silver Bella Part 1 & December project Goals


Happy Holiday Season!!

That originally said Happy Thanksgiving...but as you can tell I'm a little behind! I've been busy busy busy with the house, and trying to get "settled". I am getting there, slowly but surely, and with the help of my parents...big time.

I am starting to see the floor of my art studio! I can't wait to get it set up so I can actually finish unfinished projects and start new ones!

In the meantime I wanted to share with you my amazing time at Silver Bella. This is the third year that I attended. It was probably my favorite time too!


This year my friend Lisa Stanton from Oklahoma came up to Omaha for the event!! Yay. I love traveling and attending these events with Lisa, it's EASY, and of course lots of fun.

I will say the lighting in hotels is just the worst, and I'm by no means a pro at adjusting colors...so I apologize for the offcolor pics!!

This year I signed up for quite a few swaps. And per usual, every time I try something new, I realize how I need to UP MY GAME!! These Bella's are AMAZING! I really need to think WAY OUT OF MY BOX, and go beyond what I think I can do. AND EMBELLISH EMBELLISH EMBELLISH. MORE IS MORE!!
My swap that I hosted was the Cupcake Swap. I was happiest with this one in the end. I spent so much time on my pages, and doing the front and back covers, as well as making cupcake pin buttons, tags, and I included a cupcake pen or pencil with each. FUN. Labor of LOVE!

The yummiest fun of course was making my cupcakes to take the photo for my page. The unfun part was the few pounds I put on from eating too many :) Oh well, you only live once.

I'll take pictures of each page to share soon.

All the women in my swap were just terrific to work with, and so happy to receive their books. Here are just a few of them:



I'll include each with their links when I include the pages.

That is all for now...SO Much more to come.

I am working on two December projects, you know because December is just usually a boring and SLOW month ;) I have blinkies on the left for Hope and Kari's Winter Stories class, and Shimmell's Journaling your Christmas class. Both are really fun..I am REALLY hoping to actually finish these projects this month....(and not just print out the instructions!!)

Wish me luck!!

-Rach

2 comments:

  1. Silver Bella was so much fun and we definitely MUST make this one a yearly event. The talent at that event is so inspiring!
    I want to hear all about your two December classes - one of these days I want to take one of Hope's journaling classes.
    You can get your stuff done - I know you can!
    Can't wait to see you in February - unless you want to come to Tulsa before then ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear ya! I sign up for WAY too many online things, but they all look so fun...I can't help myself!!

    ReplyDelete