Sunday, October 17, 2010

Lauritzen Gardens

Hi Everyone,

I have finally moved to Omaha!! Yay. I'll be sharing photos of the house and neighborhood as I get settled, but for now I want to share some beautiful flowers I saw at the Lauritzen Gardens in Omaha last weekend.

Sunday was beautiful, the weather was warm! Even a little hot in the sun. It was the 10th Anniversary of the Gardens in Omaha, so it was 10 cent day! We were prepared to pay $7 each to get in and we were excited it cost less than a quarter! So you can imagine it was REALLY packed with everyone enjoying the Indian Summer.

There is an expansive Rose Garden at Lauritzen's that smells more wonderful than it looks.


The Gardens were full of many different beautiful fall colors of Mums. I have a purple Mum on my stoop, but these yellow Mums really drew me in.


The greenery throughout the walks were all so unique. It was fun to see the labels on everything!

This hidden gem was in a secret garden looking area. You could imagine it being on a beautiful old English Manor's grounds.

Sometimes it is nice to take a break from your busy life and smells the roses!

Enjoy those times!
-Rach

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous pictures.

    Yay for ten cents!! I feel like it always makes the experience a little more fun and the item a little more desirable when it's less than I expected.

    I'm glad that it was so beautiful and sunny in Omaha. It was rainy and dreary here in LA today.

    ReplyDelete